I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Hawaii Post # 4

Aloha!

Tragedy struck our holiday last night. Wifey's feelings of unwelledness grew into something far more sinister after I'd written last night's post; so much so that we had to take her to hospital for treatment. At first we thought it was morning sickness-related, but when the doctor had a look at her, he determined that it had nothing at all to do with her being pregnant.

Instead it was a bug she'd caught somewhere in Hawaii, which resulted in her having gastorinditus. We were in the emergency room for a few hours, and Wifey had two full bags of IV liquid pumped into her veins. But the stuff inside those bags -- sugar water is my tip -- certainly did the trick, because she's been fine all day today. In fact, she's been even better than she was beforehand.

You can tell from the below pictures just how pale Wifey was looking in the hospital bed (and yes, I was kinda in a bit of trouble from Wifey for taking these photos!). Hehe. Click all images in this post for a larger view.





We only have a couple of days left of our holiday (it's been going slowly, which is wonderful for us, and yet it still couldn't go slowly enough for my liking!), so we're making the most of the time we have left on this beautiful island. Especially not that Wifey's feeling so much better than she was feeling late last night.

Some of us have been enjoying the incredible scenery as we've driven around from place to place, while others in our group have perhaps struggled a little to even stay awake:





And just where have we been heading when we've been doing all this driving? Mostly to shops and beaches. Which brings me to to one of the questions MelbourneGirl asked at the start of the week; namely, which tacky souvenirs we've bought while we've been here. Well, as of this afternoon, here's the tally so far:



What workstation across Australia would be complete without a Jesus Action Figure standing atop the computer terminal and casting a protective eye over the proceedings? Not mine once I get back, I can tell you that much. His 'action figure' status includes 'gliding action' and 'posable arms' (which is great for having him position his arms in a wide, all-encompassing gesture in order to bless his surroundings and give me the upper hand at work). I'm not exactly sure how this qualifies as being worthy of the term 'action figure', but either way it's downright hilarious. It was a toss-up between the Jesus and the Obsessive Compulsive Action Figure. (Although I also had a fondness for the Marie Antoinette Action Figure -- special feature: her head pops off -- and the Casanova Action Figure -- special feature: *CENSORED*.) True, this has nothing whatsoever to do with Hawaii per se, but I found it too good to resist buying on the spot.



How could I possibly not buy an Hawaiian shirt while I'm here? I'll be wearing this to work periodically upon my return and proclaiming it 'Aloha Day'. My initial plan was to get a shirt that was ridiculously loud and abrasive to the eyes ... but in actual fact, I don't think this shirt looks too terrible, when it's all said and done. Naturally it's not something I'd wear every day, but the overall effect of the shirt on my glorious and sexy body isn't anywhere near as gaudy as I expected it to be.





I acknowledge that this is another bizarre choice for a 'souvenir', but it was bought more out of necessity for the practicality of the item, rather than any feeling that it particularly reminds me of Hawaii as such. I'm always in need of a toothpick after a meal (especially after eating meat), so dining out at restaurants as often as we have this week has really escalated the need for me to do something about it. Option 1 is to visit a dentist (pfft, yeah right!), but Option 2 is to carry some toothpicks with me at all times in a handy little carry case like this.



You may recall that it was my Dad's 60th birthday shortly before we boarded the plane from Sydney, and with everything that was going on, we didn't get a chance to buy him a present. So when we saw this T-shirt in Honolulu, we knew it'd be the perfect gift for him. The idea that it'll double as a reminder/souvenir of his Hawaii holiday with his first grandchild is an added bonus.

I don't think there were any other crappy souvenirs ... at least not so far. I may not have a chance to blog again until we get home; in which case I'll update you on the end of our trip (including our final day in Honolulu) in a few days. Until then ...

Aloha!


.

2 Comments:

At Sunday, June 29, 2008 8:13:00 pm, Blogger Ann ODyne said...

1. Bwca has an evil twin who is sending you a Farcebook invite.
Dr Bob! Dr. Bob! Have you joined the Everything I know about (something) I Learned from Pigs In Space Group there?

2. excellent Hawaiian shirt - the dolphins add value.

3. Sweetums screamed on the plane because the cabin pressure hurts his little eardrums. plugs next time.
and that photo of him riding the suitcase is a beauty.

Wifey in hospital proves value of Travel Insurance, that's fer shure.

 
At Saturday, July 12, 2008 10:13:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Dysthymiac, welcome! Any evil twin / alternate personality of Bwca is a friend of mine. As it happens, we're still arguing with our insurance people about whether or not they'll cover the $1,800 hospital bill ...

More details to come in a separate post once we have the final word either way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home