I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Six Things I Love About Me

After fellow blogger Richard Watts took it upon himself to tag me a couple of weeks ago to complete the "Six Things I Hate About Me" meme (which I completed in yesterday's post -- and I did such a poor job of it, too), I pledged to create this alternate version of the meme, so it could potentially follow the other one around the blogosphere and hopefully balance things out, in the grander scheme of things.

Obviously, I have to tell you six things I love about myself, and then I have to tag six other bloggers to do likewise. (Whether they actually do it or not, is entirely up to them.) I've chosen to tag the same six bloggers I tagged yesterday, although absolutely anyone reading this is welcome to 'self-tag' and complete one or both memes as well. If you do this, please let us know in the comments so we can all have a read and say wonderful things about you, I'm sure. :)

I guess the idea is that if you're doing the first one, try to do this second one as well, so they accompany each other wherever they go (holding hands and skipping merrily).

Come on, now! It's "pat on the back" time!



Six things I love about me:

1) My powers of deduction.

2) My ability to learn and retain useless trivia (mostly relating to celebrities, film and television).

3) My unswerving loyalty.

4) My sense of humour.

5) My ability to talk to and tame any cat.

6) My attention to detail.



You want me to break it down a little? Okay, how about this:

1) My powers of deduction: I am quite not-dumb. Quite not-dumb indeed. Whether it be deducing the upcoming plot twists in movies and television shows, nutting out the complete address of a couple of blogger friends by reading some fairly innocuous posts on their blogs (I only mean that playfully, btw), being able to spot a lie when I hear one, completing a crossword, playing a game, or solving a riddle, puzzle, brainteaser or quantry, I rock at this. I'm like a modern day Australian unemployed straight Sherlock Holmes. Narcissistic of me to say so? Yeah, probably. But entirely accurate and fair? Most definitely.

2) My ability to learn and retain useless trivia (mostly relating to celebrities, film and television): I guess you've gotta know me in person to truly appreciate this. In conversation, I can discuss a film or TV show (whether I've seen it or not) in so much detail and at such great length, providing the other person or people with so much information they didn't know about it (even if they're the ones who are the fans), that they will often fall asleep or walk out on me. But I choose to (unduly) interpret that as a good thing! I know that many bloggers consider themselves to be well-gifted in these first two points, but this one in particular is certainly 'me'. I have hosted many trivia nights and will be hosting another one in August. (If you know me in person and would like tickets, drop me an email.)

3) My unswerving loyalty: If I like something, particularly a film or TV show, I will stick to it for life and defend it in a bar fight if necessary. Unless the show goes off the rails in a major way or something, but generally any show to which I hitch my wagon is one that has already passed the BEVIS Film & TV Litmus Test. Of course, I never go to bars or pubs (they're just not my scene, baby), so the point I made earlier about the bar fight is not one I have to so much back up with a literal example, thankfully! (Because I'm sure someone would hit me and I'd cry. A lot.) And as for being unswervingly loyal to my friends - well, you'd better not say anything bad about anyone I like, buddy. Or you'll know I'm not happy. None of this agreeing with you if my friend isn't there. I'll be straight with you and (a) defend the friend if they're not present, (b) tell you that if you have a problem with my friend you should speak to them about it and not talk about them behind their back, and (c) shut you down before you can gossip or bad-mouth them further and do any more damage. If it turns out that I actually think what you're saying is fair and my friend has wronged you in some way, this three-step process will still stand, because clearly a discussion has to take place to sort out any differences before it escalates into a full-blown war that cannot be undone. True friends know their reputation is safe with me at all times.

4) My sense of humour: It's a weird one, and doesn't show through on my blog as much as I initially intended it to, but that's fine. I have a more-than-slightly off-centre sense of humour, which isn't so strange that it's unsettling, but isn't so mainstream that it's boring, either. Something like this man, only not as ingenious (know your limitations, I always say - and I'll say it for the next thousand years), because I'm not for a moment claiming to be as brilliant as he is. That'd be a bit too self-absorbed, even for me!

5) My ability to talk to and tame any cat: I am 'The Cat Whisperer'. It is well documented. And that's all I have to say about that. No correspondence will be entered into. I can pick up and sooth any cat, even one having a spitting fit, and calm it simply by the (secret) way I call to it and pick it up and hold it and whisper to it and pat it. People can attest to the marvels I possess in this realm. I could have my own talk show.

6) My attention to detail: I never maek mistakes.



That was much more fun than yesterday. Does that mean I'm a more positive person than a negative one? Or just that I'm full of myself and my favourite topic is Me? Perhaps it's a bit of both ...


And now I tag:

Quirkie
Rowena
Gav
CBomb
Drowning In Jello
Her Radicalness

If memes aren't your thing and you're not interested in completing this tag, no worries at all - please don't feel obliged to complete it.

Again, if you do it, just try to keep the list to six, if you can. :)



.

9 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 03, 2006 1:40:00 am, Blogger 1help said...

I dont like you, you suck ass. Loser!

 
At Wednesday, May 03, 2006 3:03:00 am, Blogger BEVIS said...

Well, you'd certainly know.

But thank you. That has to be the nicest thing anyone's said to me all day.

 
At Wednesday, May 03, 2006 7:00:00 am, Blogger Unknown said...

i don't think i can do three... i just know people love me, yippy!!!

u figured what to do for kermits bday yet?

 
At Wednesday, May 03, 2006 1:13:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finished!! Come see.

 
At Wednesday, May 03, 2006 3:04:00 pm, Blogger Melba said...

six things i love about you bevis

you are sincere

you are reliable

you are straight (meaning direct)

you are humble

you are willing to do things to make other people happy, ie special birthday events for wifey

you don't let friends down

thanks xxx

 
At Wednesday, May 03, 2006 4:09:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Hi Treespotter. I'm sure people do. As long as you know it, that's the main thing. As for further plans for Kermit's birthday, nah. No more plans other than what I said in my comment here. I don't know whether or not you saw my (very belated) comment answering yours. The special post will probably be all I do. Why? Are you suggesting something? Maybe eat flies, kiss a pig, befriend a bear, learn the ukelele, etc?

Her Radicalness, excellent work! All the best for your trip to Sydney, too. Good to hear from you.

DrowningInJello, very amusing! I liked the way both you and Her Radicalness found a way to mention a certain part of your anatomy (even if you did put them in opposite lists). Cheers.

MelbourneGirl, I don't know what to say to this. I retract my earlier statement. This is undoubtedly the nicest thing anyone's said to me all day. However, I don't think you quite understood the idea behind the post. If I'm listing six things I love about myself, and could only come up with five things I hate about myself yesterday, then clearly 'humility' is something I need to work on!! But your comment warmed my heart anyway. Thank you.

 
At Wednesday, May 03, 2006 5:17:00 pm, Blogger richardwatts said...

Excellent meme! I especially like your answer re the cats. I too seem to be a friend of moggies...

 
At Wednesday, May 03, 2006 8:05:00 pm, Blogger Rowena said...

I like the cat one too. I am impressed. Could you make my pesky Burmese stop biting? She is perfect apart from that.

 
At Tuesday, May 23, 2006 2:21:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

RichardWatts, thanks for that. And yes, cats rule. No argument there.

Rowena, it would be my pleasure. The only problem will be when I leave ... she's gonna want to come with me. Do you mind?

Chiquita, hehe - very good. I understand entirely what you mean. Wifey's a singer too, so I know all about the precious joy a beautiful voice can bring. (PS - Welcome!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home