I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Sweetums Update # 5

Today is Sweetums' six month birthday (or anniversary, if you prefer). And as it's my fifth Sweetums Update, I thought I'd break with tradition and show you five photos of him. But this will undoubtedly be the last time his photo appears on my blog.



We've got a big Easter weekend ahead of us. My parents decided a fortnight ago that they'd come down from Sydney to spend the long weekend with us in Melbourne, so Wifey excitedly arranged a big banquetty lunch for both sets of parents and Wifey's sister, her husband, and their two kids (a two year old daughter and a son who's just seven weeks older than Sweetums).



It's going to be a fun event (Wifey has even printed up individual menus for the occasion that I'll be laminating for her), and we're very much looking forward to having both sides of the family around for an Easter meal. It's a shame my siblings and siblings-in-law couldn't also make the trek down from Sydders, but they're saving their money for a trip in October to celebrate Sweetums' first birthday - and that's definitely gonna be a bigger, far more important event.



(Caution: Religious Joke Ahead!) Sweetums has very much been looking forward to seeing Grandma and Grandpa again (it’s been a long time since he saw them last), and he has a LOT to tell them. In fact, their impending visit has been ALL he’s talked about for the past two weeks! For their part, I know Grandma and Grandpa are bursting at the seams to see Sweetums again, and I just hope they travel safely on the roads. It won’t be any fun if they die on their way down here. We’ve already had one death at Easter.




I'm looking forward to waking up and finding chocolate bunnnies, etc, not only at the foot of MY bed, but also at the foot of Sweetums' bed - which Daddy will no doubt have to help him eat. :)



Wherever you are and whatever your traditions and beliefs, I hope you have a safe and happy Easter long weekend.


.

16 Comments:

At Thursday, April 05, 2007 10:01:00 am, Blogger meva said...

That is one adorable, smiley baby you've got there, Bevis. What an absolute cutey. Just looking at those photos makes me smile all over.

Enjoy your first Easter together.

 
At Thursday, April 05, 2007 10:06:00 am, Blogger littlefaeriegirl said...

oh bevis...that boy of yours...wow. he has clever eyes, you know? like he knows stuff already. which im sure he does, but you know what i mean.
oh, he is just so cute.

i need a baby*.

enjoy every minute!

*this is in fact a total lie. although i actually do enjoy the making and growing of babies, the all the time looking after kinda gets to me after a while

 
At Thursday, April 05, 2007 10:43:00 am, Blogger sublime-ation said...

bevis, he's adorable! Can't believe it's already six months, they grow up so fast.

*goes off all internet Aunt clucky style*

Have a lovely break.

 
At Thursday, April 05, 2007 5:23:00 pm, Blogger Enny said...

Heh heh - what a cute goofy smile!!!

 
At Thursday, April 05, 2007 7:39:00 pm, Blogger I'm not Craig said...

Wow that boy just keeps getting cuter. You're a lucky man, Bevis

 
At Thursday, April 05, 2007 8:26:00 pm, Blogger Jen said...

Awwww, he's so cute!!

I also can't believe it's been six months, it feels like it was only a couple of weeks ago your were posting about his arrival.

Have a lovely Easter, it sounds like it will be a super fun time :D

 
At Friday, April 06, 2007 6:58:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

E' davvero adorabile. Ma tu come stai bellezza?

 
At Friday, April 06, 2007 1:26:00 pm, Blogger Mars said...

he's too cute - love that smile! how come there wont be anymore photos though??

 
At Friday, April 06, 2007 2:32:00 pm, Blogger Ang said...

Seriously, it has been six months already?? Holy crap!

He is absolutely, stunningly, gorgeous!

Have a great chocolate filled weekend!!

 
At Friday, April 06, 2007 2:46:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a little spunk!

Have a great Easter with your parents. If you read this while they're still around, say hi for me & my man

 
At Friday, April 06, 2007 5:59:00 pm, Blogger BwcaBrownie said...

Yep - no argument from me - Sweetums is a cutie alright.
Wishing him and youse a Happy Easter - a time of rebirth and renewal.

 
At Saturday, April 07, 2007 3:22:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a perfect Easter, You too.

 
At Monday, April 09, 2007 7:15:00 am, Blogger Kris said...

What kind of uppers are you giving him? I have never seen a kid smile so much. But honestly, you have a very beautiful and happy baby. I hope you have a great Easter together.

 
At Tuesday, April 10, 2007 11:45:00 am, Blogger BEVIS said...

Meva, thanks – we had a great Easter. Cheers!

LittleFaerieGirl, he certainly does have ‘clever eyes’, yes. I know exactly what you mean. And I know you must understand my pride completely, having had two angel-faced little devils of your own. :)

Sublime-ation, yeah – those six months really flew past. And I must say, I really like the term ‘Internet Aunt’. I think I’ll steal it. *yoink* Thanks!

Enny, he’s goofy like his Daddy!

I'm Not Craig, I sure am! Cheers.

DelightfulJen, I don’t know about ‘a couple of weeks ago’, but I certainly agree that it seems much shorter than six months. Our Easter was heaps of fun – I’ll blog about it in time, I’m sure.

Anonymous # 1, benvenuto! Grazie molto per dire così, anonimo. Ma no, non penso che sia abbastanza come bello (ma dirmi, sono voi un amico di Gianluca Di Milano?).

Mars, thanks. There’ll be no more photos because of all the Internet ‘nasties’ out there who might want to use them in appropriately. Plus, as he grows up and becomes ‘his own person’, I don’t want to put his image online anymore than I want to put my own or Wifey’s images online.

Ang, thank you. And I did! I certainly did.

Colls Bolls, you’re very kind. I passed on your regards and they said ‘same to you’ (but not in so few words – I’m editing it down for the benefit of our fellow readers).

GoAwayPlease, cheers! I hope you had a great Easter as well.

Anonymous # 2, right back atcha. :)

Kris, no uppers – he’s just THAT wonderful! Thanks for your kind words. I trust your Easter also rocked.

 
At Tuesday, April 10, 2007 2:46:00 pm, Blogger Melba said...

hey hope you had a happy easter. he is gorgeous as i've said before. nice to see how he's growing up. say hi to wifey and well done to all of you.

[links arms with sub and gushes, also in a kind of weird, Internet-aunty way]

 
At Tuesday, April 10, 2007 2:50:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Thanks, MG. We had a great Easter, thank you. It was a wonderful time for my parents to spend with their first grandkid (they're normally interstate, as you know, so they miss him terribly). Plus ... you know ... lots of chocolate! I'll blog about it all in the not-too-distant, I'm sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home