I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Monday, May 28, 2007

Miss Me?

Hello, lovely blogger-type people. My apologies for my tardiness. I have been very lax in my communications with y'all, and I feel terrible for it. However, I have some good reasons for my recent AWOLness, and would like to share them with you now, if you don't mind. Pull up a chair.

It's been an interesting time at work recently. My supervisor's been overseas on holiday, and one of the staff members I supervise has been in hospital having surgery. Thankfully she's going to be alright and it's all good, but it means that the other girl I supervise (and myself) are the only people left in the department at the moment - and will continue to be so for the next month or so.

Of course, all four jobs need to keep moving, and there’s just the two of us left to do them. Which means we’re stretched a bit thin. And when the girl I supervise who's at home recovering from surgery is the editor of a monthly publication (which still has to meet its deadlines), I have to step up (or step down, as the case may literally be) and help fill those shoes to ensure that the magazine we produce still hits the shelves on the publication date.

It wasn’t easy. In fact, it was a bit of a battle. But it was fun. And we made it. Usually I have very little to do with the magazine when it’s put out – I’ll generally proofread it before it goes to print and sometimes get involved in artistic and creative topics when future themes, concepts and processes are being discussed, but the hands-on writing and editing is handled by the two girls I supervise. This month, however, I was thrust deep into the nitty-gritty goings-on of the writing and editing schedules. And I had to handle the advertising as well (and that’s quite a job in itself, let me tell you).

Well, I loved it. I had a great time, and (just quietly) we think that it’s one of the better editions of the past twelve months. Biased? Sure. But accurate? Yep, we reckon so.

To say much more would be to unmask myself and enable you sneaky lot to track me down and discover all my little secrets, so I’ll leave it at that (and those of you who know me in real life, please say no more about my workplace, etc), but although all my time was taken up writing articles and editing the entire magazine (as well as managing the advertising, liaising with the designer, proofreading the whole document and getting the files to the printer on time for publication), it was still a lot of fun and something I believe I’m very much suited to. I even inserted a small ‘BEVISism’ into the magazine, although it’s only there for those in the know to find and be amused in their own private Idaho world.

I get another month of it as well, so sometime around mid-June may see me go all quiet again. My apologies in advance (but I’ll be back).

The other main reason is that Wifey is going on teaching rounds next week – for three weeks. Due to the school she’s been placed in, she’ll be living with her parents “down the coast” – and taking Sweetums with her. This is so they can mind him during the day while she’s at the school and I’m at work. So I get to live like a bachelor again for THREE WHOLE WEEKS!!

She’s actually there at the moment. She’s doing an additional two days at the school (today and tomorrow), so Sweetums is already with his Grandad and Nanna while Wifey fretfully tests the water in her very first teaching rounds ever.

She’ll do so well at it, though – she’s a natural and very gifted talking with kids – so I’m not worried about her.

Sweetums loves Grandad and Nanna and won’t give them any trouble – so I’m not worried about any of them, either.

I’m worried about me.

Wifey’s only away for two days this week, but check out the freezer after I went grocery shopping yesterday:


Top left: Five little pizzas, all in a row.
Bachelorhood rules! It’s the new slice of life.


I can’t imagine what it’ll look like when she goes away for three weeks! Conveniently, those three weeks line up EXACTLY with the deadline weeks of the next month’s magazine I’m co-writing and co-editing … so I imagine I’ll be in good health when I return to you all in the later stages of June!

Thanks for hanging in there with me, and bear in mind that I’m not going anywhere for a while yet.


.

5 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 29, 2007 10:24:00 am, Blogger Javatari said...

Oh, how I envy you!

PS. don't tell my wife.

 
At Wednesday, May 30, 2007 11:49:00 am, Blogger richardwatts said...

Don't worry Bevis, my fridge sorta looks like that all the time, and it certainly hasn't killed me - yet...

 
At Wednesday, May 30, 2007 12:33:00 pm, Blogger Kris said...

Understand how life gets crazy, and I am sure you will be so thankful to give up bachelorhood again when wifey comes home.

 
At Wednesday, June 06, 2007 9:36:00 pm, Blogger Susanne said...

Oh Bevis. I hope you didn't eat only Supremo pizzas while Wifey was away.

 
At Sunday, June 10, 2007 3:10:00 pm, Blogger Riss said...

At least you're not living on McDonald's for a week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home