I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Friday, October 21, 2005

Regrets - I've Had A Few (Tag)

I've decided "hang it all"; I'm going to tag a couple of people with this 'Regrets -I've Had A Few' post and see what happens.

The idea is you need to list your regrets in life (the number of regrets is up to you), and then tag two new bloggers to do the same, giving kudos to whoever tagged you.

So now I find myself in the unenviable position of having to choose two bloggers to tag. Do I go with those who I feel 'closest' to? Do I go with sentimentality? Do I go with those I want to learn more about? Do I go with those I want to encourage to post more on their blog? Do I go with the bloggers I find highly amusing?

I think the best and fairest answer is to tag those who have tagged me in the past few days. For that reason, I tag Elaine and Locket.

Never fear, the rest of you. I have been tagged twice now for the 20 Things business, so I will have plenty more tags to administer shortly.

But it won't be until next week. Have a good weekend everyone. I'm out.

8 Comments:

At Friday, October 21, 2005 1:41:00 pm, Blogger elaine said...

ok, this is a challenge. Thank you!

(it may have to wait until monday)

 
At Friday, October 21, 2005 8:48:00 pm, Blogger Djali said...

Woo, you list me as a NASTY! Thank you, I love you, I feel honoured.

 
At Saturday, October 22, 2005 12:38:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Thanks, everyone.

Elaine, no problem at all. Take your time. Whenever you get around to it is completely up to you. (I'll be getting to the list you tagged me about, at some point next week, anyway. I'm not in a hurry, so please don't feel that you need to be, either!)

Locket, thanks so much for that. :) I hadn't thought of it that way, but cheers! I guess I should ensure that the rules are clear, to improve its chances for a long life, so Elaine and Locket:

1) Call the meme "Regrets - I've Had A Few";
2) Always refer (and link back) to the blogger who tagged you;
3) Always tag (and link to) at least two new bloggers;
4) List as many regrets as you like, but list a minimum of one (even if you have to re-interpret the term 'regret' because you feel strongly that you don't have any);
5) Include these five rules in each post as the meme instructions.

There. I think "Regrets - I've Had A Few" is a catchier title than the other names I've given the past few posts on the subject!

OK, back to Locket: I don't know what meme is either, and I was toying with a sixth rule, above, that it should be referred to as a mehmeh, because that would give it a distinct BEVIS smart-arse flavour, but I realised that's a sure way to hasten the thing's quick death; add weird rules that won't apppeal to anyone two steps along in the process who doesn't know the meme's origin!

Djali, it's my pleasure. :) Be prepared to be tagged at some point in the near future ...

Sheriff of Nothing, hopefully I'll be able to follow it if I want to, because those who are tagged will presumably list who they next tag, so I can continue down the line. I'm not even sure if it's 100% original (am I claiming that no one else in the blogosphere has started a regret-themed meme? That's not my claim at all), so maybe we shouldn't get carried away. :) I certainly haven't created it out of spite for not previously being tagged, though. It was an afterthought (as you can tell by the multiple posts on the subject before I finally came around to tagging anyone!), but hopefully it will 'catch on'. If everyone who gets tagged tags two others, it will probably live on, even if around half of those tagged say "I have no regrets" and leave it at that. Thanks again!

 
At Saturday, October 22, 2005 8:10:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Yep. That they were made not to be broken.

:)

 
At Sunday, October 23, 2005 6:09:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You didn't tag me, but I don't have any regrets, anyway. What hasn't killed me (everything) has made me stronger.

I see every experience as adding to who I am, which, despite all the people who disagree with me, I actually like. So, as Edith Piaf said, 'non, je ne regret rien'.

I wonder if that html will work in here?

 
At Sunday, October 23, 2005 6:11:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooo it did!

 
At Sunday, October 23, 2005 6:14:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And, looking at Edith Piaf's lyrics, I'm wondering where the 'pas' has gone... if I paid any attention in French at school, I am pretty sure that you have to close the negative after the verb.

She's actually French, too, so that's kinda slack. Imagine not knowing the grammatical rules of your own language.

Oh, wait. That happens here all the time.

bqbza

 
At Sunday, October 23, 2005 11:25:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Have you been drinking?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home