I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Ode to Wifey

Someone you're going to need to know through my writing is Wifey. She and I married mid-2002, and we're head-over-heels in love. She's my whole world.

You're going to need to know her because I'll be referring to her every so often. She's like my grounding rod. She keeps me level, and brings me back to Earth when I need it. She's my anchor.

Wifey only needs to be known as 'Wifey'. It's not necessary to go into specifics. She's a bit wary of this whole 'blog' thing (not being a blogger herself), so I need to draw her into this world gently and in moderation. Don't spook her.

Because I won't be using an actual picture of her at any point, here's a fairly adequate replica of the beauty that is my wife:



Here's another picture of her:




Here's another:




And here's her mother:





Just kidding!

Wifey is a wonderful life partner who recently nursed me through an illness not altogether unlike the common cold (come on, it was a really bad cold!) without fuss or complaint. She and I enjoy spending time together, we share the same interests (although she's not as big a Muppet fan as me, but fair enough), and our future together is certain.

I will be taking care not to offend or alienate her from my life or my blog as a result of me maintaining this blog, and I hope she gets as much enjoyment out of I Blogged Myself as I do.

I just wanted to go on record as saying all that, at the outset.

I wanted you all - and her - to know. She is my world.

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 28, 2005 5:27:00 pm, Blogger la nadine said...

bless you both. lucky people.

also, on first glance at this post i thought the title was 'Oprah Winfrey'. too much coffee for nadsy today.

 
At Tuesday, June 28, 2005 11:36:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

la nadine, I don't know how you managed to unmask the true identity of Wifey, but well done to you. Less than ten minutes, it was (the time listed for my original post is a blatant lie), and straight away you waltz in and reveal her name.

What was it that gave it away? It was the picture of her mother, wasn't it. I knew I should have used a fake picture!

BTW, with the above comment, you have officially become I Blogged Myself's number one visitor!

Well done! Such an achievement has not been reached since man faked the moon landing in 1969.

 
At Wednesday, June 29, 2005 10:04:00 am, Blogger Freelancer said...

Awwwww. Bevis, that's lovely. Be so very gentle with the non-blogging loved ones. From experience, they will turn on you in scorn if you introduce them too quickly.

Cynical, fire-spitting, malpropistic* scorn...

(* Please note: the word 'malpropistic' does not fit in the above sentence. But how about that irony?)

 
At Wednesday, June 29, 2005 11:03:00 am, Blogger elaine said...

she wears a lot of pink, doesn't she? If she can nurse you through such heinous illnesses without fuss or complaint along with copious quantities of tea then she has my vote.

go mr and mrs Bevis!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home